Dip pretzels, veggies, chips or pretty much anything you like in this easy and delicious Warm Beer & Cheese Dip. So versatile, it is an awesome addition to any party table!
This Warm Beer and Cheese dip is quick to make and is served best from one of those mini crock pots to keep it warm. Easy and delicious, this tastes like it came from a restaurant. It is excellent with Party Pretzel Bites, chips, veggies or even just cut up bread bites.
How to make Warm Beer & Cheese Dip
Created in just 15 minutes, this Warm Beer & Cheese Dip is great for sharing. Pair it with crackers, bread, chopped veggies or pretzels for a tasty appetizer that everyone loves!
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
Whisk in 2 1/2 tablespoons of flour until it forms a paste. This is what is known as making a roux and thickens the sauce.
Whisk in beer and Worcestershire sauce. Once combined, add in milk, mustard powder and garlic powder and whisk again.
When sauce begins to thicken, reduce the heat to low.
Add the shredded cheddar, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring after each addition until melted in and smooth.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir and transfer to a mini crock pot for serving.
Serve with pretzel bites, chips, veggies or cut bread bites. Enjoy!
Other tasty Appetizer Recipes You May Like
Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip – uses Deli chicken salad to add a delicious twist to a potluck favorite!
Easy Homemade Ranch Dip – just seven simple pantry ingredients to create a delicious and easy Homemade Ranch Dip!
Bite Sized Sausage Rolls – flaky puff pastry filled with savory premium pork sausage and baked until golden brown.
Party Pretzel Bites – these delicious little bites are addictive and always welcomed at any gathering.
Quick and Easy Bruschetta – restaurant quality Bruschetta is hiding in the ingredients in your refrigerator!
Warm Beer & Cheese Dip
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 1/2 tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup beer the darker, the better
- 2 tsp Worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese sharp or extra sharp is best
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place butter into a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Once melted, whisk in flour until it forms a paste.
- Whisk in beer and Worcestershire sauce.
- Once combined, whisk in milk, mustard powder and garlic powder.
- When sauce begins to thicken, reduce the heat to low. Add shredded cheddar, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring after each addition until combined and smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir and transfer to a mini crock pot for serving.
- Serve with pretzel bites, chips, veggies or cut bread bites. Enjoy!