Quick and Easy Bruschetta is The perfect combination of flavorful Roma tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic, and tangy Balsamic vinegar in every delicious bite!
One of my favorite things at an Italian restaurant is Bruschetta. So fresh and flavorful with the sharp bite of garlic and the tang of Balsamic vinegar, clinging to fresh Roma tomatoes and little ribbons of basil, served atop little garlic toasts… oh my.
The good news is that restaurant quality Bruchetta is super simple to make. With pantry staples and a couple of fresh ingredients it can be assembled in just minutes. Letting it rest for at least an hour solidifies the flavor. Simple and delicious!
About the Ingredients
- Roma tomatoes – or any other firm tomatoes
- Garlic – fresh or jarred
- Basil – fresh or dried
- Olive oil – or vegetable or canola oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Bread – baguette, french, or crackers
- Butter – or olive oil
- Garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
How to make Quick and Easy Bruschetta
Quick And Easy Bruchetta is fresh, flavorful, and super easy to make. A bite of garlic, tangy Balsamic vinegar, fresh Roma tomatoes and little ribbons of basil. Served o top of little garlic toasts, it is the perfect balanced bite!
Making Bruschetta is really easy!
If you have fresh basil, the first thing that you want to do is to cut it into those thin little ribbons. This is called chiffonade and is done by stacking up the leaves, rolling them tightly, then slicing the leaves thinly, perpendicular to the roll.
Put the basil into a small bowl and set aside. Dice the tomatoes into small pieces and add to the bowl.
Add minced garlic, olive oil, Balsamic vinegar and salt & pepper and stir to combine.
Allow the Bruschetta to rest in the refrigerator one hour to overnight.
The longer it sits, the better it tastes!
Turn on the oven broiler to 500 degrees F. Raise the rack to highest position.
Cut a bakery baguette into about 1/2 inch slices and lay out on a baking sheet.
Melt butter (or portion olive oil) and brush evenly over one side of each slice with a pastry brush.
Lightly sprinkle with garlic powder and Italian seasoning to taste. Be sure not to use garlic salt!
Place the toasts into oven and brown 2-3 minutes per side until edges are browned.
Since every oven is different, be sure to keep a close eye on them so they don’t burn.
Remove the Bruschetta from refrigerator, stir well and then spoon it over the garlic toasts. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Other tasty Appetizer Recipes You May Like
Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip – uses Deli chicken salad to add a delicious twist to a potluck favorite!
Easy Homemade Ranch Dip – just seven simple pantry ingredients to create a delicious and easy Homemade Ranch Dip!
Southwest Egg Rolls – Delicious in the deep fryer OR the Air Fryer and so easy to make.
Party Pretzel Bites – these delicious little bites are addictive and always welcomed at any gathering.
Bite Sized Sausage Rolls – flaky puff pastry filled with savory premium pork sausage and baked until golden brown.
Quick and Easy Bruschetta
- 4 medium Roma tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp fresh basil (or 2 tsp dried)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 baguette loaf of bread
- 2 tbsp butter (or olive oil if preferred)
- garlic powder
- Italian seasoning
- Dice the tomatoes into small pieces and place into a small bowl. Add minced garlic and basil.
- Add olive oil, Balsamic vinegar and salt & pepper. Stir to combine.
- Allow the Bruschetta to rest in the refrigerator one hour to overnight.
- Turn on oven broiler to 500 degrees F. Raise oven rack to highest position.
- Cut the baguette into about 1/2 inch slices and lay out on a baking sheet.
- Melt butter (or portion olive oil) and brush evenly over one side of each slice with a pastry brush.
- Lightly sprinkle with garlic powder and Italian seasoning to taste.
- Place into oven and brown 2-3 minutes per side until edges are browned.
- Remove Bruschetta from refrigerator, stir and spoon over garlic toasts. Serve immediately. Enjoy!