Quick, easy and delicious, Simple Homemade Guacamole brings the authentic flavors of Mexico right into your home kitchen!
Vibrant and flavorful with a perfect kick, freshly made guacamole is totally different than anything sold in stores. But did you know that making your own Simple Homemade Guacamole is ridiculously easy?!
Three avocados, some cilantro, some onion and a little jalapeno are chopped and combined with some everyday, on hand pantry staples and the result is pure restaurant quality deliciousness. So good!
What you’ll need to make Simple Homemade Guacamole
- Fresh avocados
- Small lime (or bottled lime juice)
- Kosher salt
- Onion (white, yellow or purple)
- Jalapeno (fresh or pickled)
- Roma tomatoes (preferred)
- Fresh cilantro (or 1 tsp dried)
- Garlic clove (or 1 tsp packaged minced)
How to make Simple Homemade Guacamole
If you have ever had guacamole made tableside for you at a Mexican restaurant, you know that the difference in taste between fresh and store bought is night and day. The shocking thing is that making Simple Homemade Guacamole is ridiculously easy!
A basic combination of avocados, cilantro, onion and jalapeno with some everyday spices mixed in and you can achieve restaurant quality deliciousness. It is seriously so good.
Place the avocado chunks and lime juice in a medium bowl and toss to coat.
Add the kosher salt, cumin and cayenne and then mash together using a potato masher or a pastry blender.
You can make the blend as chunky or as smooth as you like.
Fold in the onions, jalapeno, tomatoes, cilantro and garlic.
Guacamole can brown if left exposed to the air. Placing a piece of plastic wrap directly down on the surface of the guacamole before allowing it to rest for an hour at room temperature (and right up until serving) will keep this from happening!
Allow to stand for one hour at room temperature prior to serving.
Stir and enjoy!
Other Delicious Dip Recipes You May Like
Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip – uses Deli chicken salad to add a delicious twist to a potluck favorite!
Easy Homemade Ranch Dip – just seven simple pantry ingredients create a delicious and easy dip for veggies.
Classic Spinach Dip – Cool and creamy, this traditional Classic Spinach Dip takes just minutes to make with only six ingredients!
Three Ingredient Fruit Dip – A simple combination of whipped cream cheese, marshmallow fluff and a hint of vanilla.
Warm Beer & Cheese Dip – Dip pretzels, veggies, chips or pretty much anything you like in this easy and delicious Warm Beer & Cheese Dip.
Simple Homemade Guacamole
- 3 avocados peeled, halved, and cut into chunks
- 1 lime juiced, about 2 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tbsp diced jalapeno, seeds removed
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro or 1 tsp dried
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Place the avocado chunks and lime juice in a medium bowl and toss to coat.
- Add the kosher salt, cumin and cayenne and then mash together using a potato masher or a pastry blender.
- Fold in the onions, jalapeno, tomatoes, cilantro and garlic.
- Allow to stand for one hour at room temperature prior to serving.
- Stir and enjoy!