A healthier choice for breakfast, Ground Turkey Breakfast Sausage is super easy to make and absolutely delicious!
Breakfast sausage comes in all shapes and sizes and is always a welcome addition to any breakfast plate. Making your own low fat breakfast sausage using ground turkey or ground chicken is remarkably easy to do and the flavors are customizable to your preferences too!
Weight Watchers Points = 6 per serving (Point Breakdown in Recipe Notes)
What You’ll Need to Make Ground Turkey Breakfast Sausage
- Lean ground turkey or ground chicken
- Olive oil
- Ground sage
- Garlic powder
- Kosher salt
- Ground black pepper
How to Make Ground Turkey Breakfast Sausage
They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and breakfast sausage comes in all sorts of different forms. Breakfast links, sausage patties, or crumbled, each is delicious in their own way.
Breakfast sausage made with ground turkey (or chicken) is a delicious low fat alternative to traditional pork sausage. Super easy to make and absolutely delicious!
Add turkey, olive oil, sage, garlic powder, salt and pepper to a medium bowl.
Mix until well combined.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
Note: To save for later you can freeze at this point – simply cover and freeze as a whole, or divide into portions, flatten into patties and freeze on a parchment covered baking sheet. Once frozen, move to a zip top bag and freeze for up to three months.
Divide into 4 equal portions and shape into balls.
Spray a large skillet (or a griddle, like the Blackstone above) with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
Add each portion to the heated pan and gently flatten into a patty with a spatula.
Cook until lightly browned about 3 minutes per side, until cooked through (165 degrees F on an instant read thermometer).
These are ready to be served. Enjoy now or follow the steps below to create awesome breakfast sandwiches!
Cook eggs to top the breakfast sausage. We use egg rings on the Blackstone but any type of fried eggs will work!
Top the cooked eggs with cheese slices and allow to melt slightly while you toast cut buns, English muffins or croissants. This is a great camping breakfast!
Assemble and serve. Enjoy!
Consider These Flavor Variations
- Like it spicy? Add some chopped jalapenos, a little ground cayenne, or a teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- Craving sweet breakfast sausage? Stir in 2 teaspoons of brown sugar or a tablespoon of maple syrup.
- Make it Italian! Substitute 1/2 tsp of fennel seeds and 1/2 tsp of Italian Seasoning in place of the sage.
Other Sausage Recipes you May Like
One Pan Italian Sausage Supper – A healthy and flavorful sheet pan meal!
Bite Sized Sausage Rolls – flaky puff pastry filled with savory premium pork sausage and baked until golden brown.
Spinach and Sausage Spaghetti Pie – spaghetti, fresh spinach, Italian sausage and Roma tomatoes tossed with shredded mozzarella and then baked.
One Pan Sausage & Peppers – Baked Italian sausages on a bed of seasoned peppers and onions, all cooked together with only one pan to wash!
One Pan Sausage, Mushrooms & Gravy – Tender sausage bites in a delicious mushroom and onion gravy served over your choice of potatoes or noodles.
Ground Turkey Breakfast Sausage
- 1 pound lean ground turkey or ground chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground sage
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- cooking spray
- Add turkey, olive oil, sage, garlic powder, salt and pepper to a medium bowl.
- Mix until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- Divide into 4 equal portions and shape into balls.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add each portion to the heated pan and gently flatten into a patty with a spatula.
- Cook until lightly browned about 3 minutes per side, until cooked through (165 degrees F on an instant read thermometer).
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!