Bold and Irresistible, this version of oven baked Savory Chex Mix is coated in seasoned melted butter and then baked to crispy, spiced perfection!
Every family seems to have their own version of this delicious snack mix. This recipe for Savory Chex mix began with my husband’s Aunts but has had variations applied over the years. When the recipe arrived in our house it was changed it just a little more!
Chex Mix really doesn’t have to belong to any particular holiday. We enjoy this just as much in the summer as we do during the winter holiday season. A versatile snack food, it is savory and delicious, pretty easy to make, and most importantly, everyone likes it!
How to Make Savory Chex Mix
Coated in seasoned melted butter and then baked to crispy, spiced perfection, this version of oven baked Savory Chex Mix is bold and irresistible!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
In a large bowl combine Life cereal, cheerios, corn Chex cereal, pretzels and peanuts.
In a small bowl, melt butter in the microwave. Add Worcestershire sauce, Cholula, paprika, garlic powder, liquid smoke and 1 tsp onion powder. Whisk to combine.
Pour butter mixture over dry mixture.
Toss until well mixed and thoroughly coated.
Pour onto prepared baking sheet and spread it out so that it is in an even layer. Generously sprinkle with onion powder and garlic salt to your taste.
We are pretty generous here at our house with these two seasonings but it is really completely up to you as to how much you add. The garlic salt provides the only added salt to the mixture.
Bake for 12 minutes and then stir. Return to oven for 8 more minutes or until the Chex Mix becomes crispy.
Allow to cool on the baking tray for an additional 5 minutes and then remove to a bowl and serve. So easy to make. This never lasts long. Enjoy!
Other Party Favorites You May Like
Party Pretzel Bites – these delicious little bites are addictive and always welcomed at any gathering.
Baked Buffalo Chicken Dip – uses Deli chicken salad to add a delicious twist to a potluck favorite!
Easy Homemade Ranch Dip – just seven simple pantry ingredients to create a delicious and easy Homemade Ranch Dip!
Bite Sized Sausage Rolls – the BEST bite sized sausage rolls that I have ever tasted. Yum.
Classic Spinach Dip – Cool and creamy, this traditional Classic Spinach Dip takes just minutes to make!
Savory Chex Mix
- 2 cups Life cereal
- 2 cups Cheerios cereal
- 2 cups corn Chex cereal
- 1 cup pretzels any kind
- 1 cup salted dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp Cholula or Tabasco
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1 tsp onion powder plus more for sprinkling (to taste)
- garlic salt for sprinkling to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine Life cereal, cheerios, corn Chex cereal, pretzels and peanuts.
- In a small bowl, melt butter in the microwave. Add Worcestershire sauce, Cholula, paprika, garlic powder, liquid smoke and 1 tsp onion powder. Whisk to combine.
- Pour butter mixture over dry mixture. Toss until well mixed and thoroughly coated.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet and spread out evenly.
- Generously sprinkle with onion powder and garlic salt.
- Bake for 12 minutes and then stir and return to oven for 8 more minutes or until crispy.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before removing to bowl. Enjoy!