With chunky pieces of carrots and celery and tender egg noodles, this Turkey Noodle Soup is a hearty and delicious meal!
This soup is hearty and flavorful with big chunky pieces of vegetables, tender egg noodles, and the perfect amount of turkey.
This soup freezes well and can be enjoyed up to six months later. My kids always say that “it tastes like Thanksgiving” no matter what time of year it may be.
How to Make Turkey Noodle Soup
There is nothing like homemade soup. Every Thanksgiving, I use the turkey bones to make Thanksgiving Turkey Stock and one of the really quick and easy things that I like to do with it is to transform it into Turkey Noodle Soup.
Although the stock is flavorful on it’s own, a good hearty homemade soup needs a few vegetables to make it sing. Begin by heating 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in a soup pot or a dutch oven.
Once it’s hot, add chopped onion, carrots, celery, minced garlic, a bay leaf and dried thyme.
Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5-6 minutes until the veggies start to soften a bit.
Add the turkey stock to the soup pot and raise the heat to medium-high. Bring to a boil. Add the wide egg noodles, cook and stir for about 5 minutes until the noodles are tender.
Fold in the turkey, kosher salt and pepper, stir to combine and then simmer until heated through.
The turkey noodle soup is ready to eat or freeze. Enjoy!
Other Soup, Stew, and Chili Recipes You May Like
Super Simple Hot and Sour Soup – Savory, tangy, and crazy easy to make!
Crockpot Taco Chili – Chili with a great balance of flavor and spice.
Crock Pot French Onion Soup – Gooey cheese and the deep gentle flavors of French Onion Soup and the crockpot does all the work!
Crockpot Beef Stew – Comfort food that is customizable to whatever you have on hand.
Instant Pot Game Day Chili – a great example of one of the things that the Instant Pot can do very well!
Turkey Noodle Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 medium carrots cut into 1/2 inch coins
- 2 celery ribs cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2-3 quarts turkey stock
- 8 ounces dried wide egg noodles
- 1 1/2 cups cooked turkey
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Place a soup pot over medium heat and add the olive oil, coating the bottom.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, thyme and bay leaf. Cook and stir for 5-6 minutes until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the turkey stock to the soup pot and increase the temperature to medium-high, bringing to a boil.
- Add the egg noodles to the pot and simmer for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Fold in the turkey, salt and pepper, stir and remove from heat. Enjoy!