With a great balance of flavor and spice, this dump, stir and walk away recipe for Crockpot Taco Chili is one of the tastiest we’ve come across in a long time!
On rainy days, busy days, or just on days when I don’t really feel like cooking, it is always an awesome thing to have a couple of quick and easy recipes in my back pocket.
This recipe was inspired by a Taco Soup recipe I found online. I wanted all of the Mexican flavor and I loved the convenience of a “dump recipe” but I didn’t really want it to be soup. Changing some of the ingredients and mixing in a cup of shredded cheese at the end just before serving resulted in a delicious chili that the whole family loves!
About the Ingredients
- Ground Beef – one of the beautiful things about this recipe is that the ground beef is cooked and drained before it is added to the Crockpot. This means you can buy the cheapest ground beef there is and it will still work great. Another option, substitute ground turkey instead!
- Beans – chili isn’t chili without beans! Having said that, it doesn’t matter what kind of beans you put in to this chili. If you have a preference, feel free to substitute pinto beans or white beans or whatever you like the best.
- Diced tomatoes – One of the cans of diced tomatoes used in this recipe is a can of Original Rotel diced tomatoes with green chilies. These have a great flavor but you might not have them in the cupboard or they might not be available where you live. If this is the case, just use two cans of petite diced tomatoes and add a small can of diced green chilies. Diced green chilies actually aren’t that spicy but they give this Crockpot Taco Chili a distinctive flavor so if you can, don’t skip them!
- Sweet Corn – Any kind corn kernels will work in this recipe. I use canned because I typically have a can of them in the cupboard but you could substitute 1 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen corn if that’s what you have.
- Spices – The spices in the taco seasoning are delicious but the addition of some extra Cumin and Chili Powder really enhance the flavors of this chili. If you like it spicier, you could add some paprika to the mix. If you want it less spicy, leave out the chili powder. The amount of salt in the ranch dressing mix is the perfect amount for this chili. Please be sure to taste as it cooks before adding salt!
How to Make Crockpot Taco Chili
Brown the ground beef over medium heat until cooked through. Drain all excess grease from the meat and add the meat to the crockpot.
Next add the beans, the tomatoes and the corn to the Crockpot.
Add the ranch dressing powder, the taco seasoning and all the rest of the spices to the Crockpot and stir until well combined.
Cook on low for 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally.
15 minutes before serving, stir in 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
Stir and serve. Garnish with additional shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, jalapeno slices… whatever you like! Enjoy!
Other Crockpot Recipes You May Enjoy
Mississippi Pot Roast Sandwiches – Flavorful slow cooked shredded beef, tender and tangy with just a hint of heat.
Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas – citrus and spices infused into little chunks of pork. So yummy!
Crockpot Sweet & Sour Ribs – fall-off-the-bone delicious!
Crockpot Beef Stew – Thick, hearty stew with very little work.
Crockpot French Onion Soup – Overnight French Onion Soup made easy!
Get the Printable Recipe Here
Did you enjoy this recipe for Crockpot Taco Chili? Be sure to leave a rating and comment below!
Crockpot Taco Chili
- Crockpot or Any Slow Cooker (5-6 quart)
- 1 lb. Ground Beef browned and drained of excess grease
- 1 can Kidney Beans 16 oz, drained
- 1 oz.can Black Beans 15 oz, drained and rinsed
- 1 can Petite Diced Tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 1 can Whole Kernel Sweet Corn 15 oz, drained
- 1 can Original Rotel – Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies 10 oz
- 1 Ranch Dressing Mix packet 3 tbsp
- 1 Taco Seasoning Mix packet or 3 tbsp Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 1/2 cups Beef Broth
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese plus extra for serving
- Add all ingredients to Crockpot and stir until well combined.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 15 minutes before serving, stir in 1/2 cup shredded cheese.
- Stir and serve. Garnish with additional shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, jalapeno slices… whatever you like! Enjoy!