One of my favorite side dishes is also one of the least labor intensive things that I make. Roasted Garlic Potatoes are a complimentary side for almost any protein. They take about 45 minutes to cook but it is totally worth it. I usually throw them into the oven and then make the rest of the dinner while they cook.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a large glass baking dish, place the potatoes, onion and chopped garlic. I love using baby potatoes but if you only have regular potatoes, those will work just fine too. Cut them into about 1 inch pieces and use them instead of the baby potatoes.
Pour the olive oil, salt and pepper over and toss to coat. Make sure that everything gets some seasoning. This helps with the browning. Once everything is coated, place the baking pan into the oven. (Sometimes at this point I will also add chopped rosemary but not everyone likes it.)
Bake for about 45 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes. Cook until golden brown and cooked through. Stir and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Roasted Garlic Potatoes
- 1 1/2 pounds baby potatoes halved
- 1 small onion cut in chunks
- 3 large cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place potatoes, onion and garlic into a large glass baking dish.
- Pour olive oil over potatoes, followed by salt and pepper. Stir well to combine, making sure that everything is coated.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, stirring every 10-15 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.
- Stir and serve immediately. Enjoy!