Homemade Taco Seasoning is super easy to make with common pantry spices. Limited salt, sugar and no preservatives, this blend is completely customizable to your preferences!
Have you ever needed taco seasoning and there is none in the house? Or you just need one tablespoon, not a whole packet? Good News! You can make your own Homemade Taco Seasoning with spices you most likely have in your pantry right now.
You can control the salt, the sugar and the preservatives by making your own, too!
What You’ll Need to make Homemade Taco Seasoning
How to Make Homemade Taco Seasoning
This video below shows just how simple and easy it is to create your own taco seasoning with pantry ingredients you already have on hand. This allows for limited salt, sugar and no preservatives.
How To Use Taco Seasoning
- One packet of taco seasoning at the store is 2 tablespoons. To use, add 2 tablespoons (or more to taste) of seasoning plus 1/2 cup of water to one pound of cooked ground beef, chicken or turkey.
How to store Taco Seasoning
- Store your taco seasoning in an airtight container or zip top bag in a cool, dry place. The recipe can be doubled so you always have it on hand!
How Much Taco Seasoning Does This Recipe Make?
- This recipe makes 10 tablespoons, equivalent to 5 packets from the grocery store!
How Long Will Homemade Taco Seasoning Last?
- If you store your Homemade Taco Seasoning in a cool, dry place and in an airtight container or zip top bag, it will stay good for up to 6 months!
Other Sauces and Seasoning Recipes You May Enjoy
Cheddar Cheese Sauce for Veggies – Crazy easy cheese sauce that is good on potatoes, broccoli, carrots… whatever you like. And it takes no time at all.
Homemade Red Enchilada Sauce – Ingredients from your pantry bring the flavors of Mexico right into your kitchen!
Bone Dust Spice Blend BBQ Dry Rub – A well balanced blend of spices provides the perfect flavor for almost every kind of meat.
Restaurant Style Compound Butter – Restaurant Style Compound Butter is the restaurant secret ingredient that makes everything taste richer and more delicious, especially vegetables!
Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice – This blend is easy to make and great to have on hand for any recipe that calls for pumpkin pie spice!
Homemade Taco Seasoning
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Transfer to an airtight container.
- Use 2 tablespoons of taco seasoning plus 1/2 cup of water per pound of chicken, beef or turkey.