This traditional dessert is easy to make and is the perfect ending to a Thanksgiving feast!
Ahhhhh Thanksgiving… Easily my favorite meal of the year. It also is one of the few holidays where my family actually eats dessert. It’s a funny thing in my house that most of the year we are “no thank you” dessert people, but at Thanksgiving we are fighting over Caramel Apple Pie and this Easy Classic Pumpkin Pie. We usually make both, but if you have never made a pumpkin pie before, this recipe is very easy and the end result is a pie that you can be proud of!
About the Ingredients
- Spices – All of the above spices are an important part of a traditional classic pumpkin pie. If you have them, you may want to mix yourself up a batch of Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice and then just use two teaspoons of that instead!
- Pie Crust – You need a 9 inch pie crust for this. You can make your own Easy Scratch Pastry and create your own pie crust or you can use a refrigerated or even frozen 9 inch pie crust from the grocery store. This is not a deep dish pie recipe.
- Pumpkin – This recipe calls for a 15 ounce can of 100% pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling. Pumpkin pie filling has sugar and additives and is ready to add to the pie crust as it is.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk – This thickened, sweetened milk is a key ingredient and while there are some substitutions that could be used, the results aren’t always predictable, so we’d advise to stick with the original on this one.
How to Make Easy Classic Pumpkin Pie
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. In a small bowl combine cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and cloves.
Stir until well combined. If you have Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice already on hand, you can just use 2 teaspoons of that instead.
In a medium bowl, lightly beat two eggs. You can do this in a stand mixer, with a hand mixer or with a fork. They just need to be a little bit frothy.
Add pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, mixed spices and salt, mixing until smooth.
Pour the mixture into the uncooked pie crust.
Place into the oven and bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes.
Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean.
Cool before cutting and garnish as desired. Refrigerate any leftovers. Enjoy!
Other Thanksgiving Recipes You May Enjoy
Caramel Apple Pie – A seasonal favorite with fresh crisp apples in a rich caramel sauce.
Parker House Dinner Rolls – Parker House Rolls are delicious, picture perfect and a great addition to the dinner table!
Simple Homemade Cranberry Sauce – fresh, homemade and only four ingredients!
Pan Fried Brussels Sprouts with Bacon – Great as a Thanksgiving side or part of a regular dinner, these are Brussels Sprouts that everyone will like!
Get the Printable Recipe Here
Did you enjoy this recipe for Easy Classic Pumpkin Pie? Be sure to leave a rating and comment below!
Easy Classic Pumpkin Pie
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- 2 large eggs slightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can pumpkin (15 ounce), NOT pumpkin pie filling
- 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk (14 ounce)
- 1 unbaked pie crust (9 inch)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a small bowl combine cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, allspice and cloves.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat two eggs.
- Add pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, mixed spices and salt, mixing until smooth.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees F.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F and continue baking 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted 1 inch from crust comes out clean.
- Cool before cutting and garnish as desired.
- Refrigerate any leftovers.