I have been experimenting a lot with my air fryer. There are a lot of things that you can do with an air fryer – so many possibilities. Really, it’s just a small convection oven. One of the things that I can really appreciate is being able to cook things in small batches. I happened to have about a cup of blueberries left in the fridge and it inspired me to try to make muffins out of them in the air fryer to see what would happen. They turned out better than any muffins I have ever made before!
I started by combining flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Since I was only planning on making 6 muffins, I didn’t need a lot of anything.
In a second, small bowl, I combined an egg, milk, melted butter and vanilla extract. I whisked this together so that it was well combined.
I mixed the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until blended.
Then I folded in the blueberries until they were evenly distributed.
At this point, I preheated the air fryer to 380 degrees F. I sprayed my silicone baking cups with a little cooking spray and then divided the mixture between them. This recipe is meant to make six muffins but since this little pan holds seven, I just put a little less in each one. You can use regular silicone baking cups but I wanted to try this out. I sprinkled each one with some Turbinado sugar (Raw Sugar) and then set them into the air fryer.
I cooked them at 380 degrees F for a total of 20 minutes. I started checking them at 15 minutes with a toothpick – if I stuck it in and it came out gooey, I put them back in. At 20 minutes, they were ready. Every air fryer is different so this is a great way to make sure that they are all they way cooked before pulling them.
Allow to cool and then remove from the silicone baking cups. These are moist and flavorful and really very similar to the ones sold at Starbucks. They didn’t last a day! Blueberry muffins in the air fryer… who knew? Enjoy!
Decadent Air Fryer Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup blueberries fresh or frozen
- cooking spray
- 1/2 tbsp Turbinado sugar (Raw Sugar)
- In a medium bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix until well combined.
- In a small bowl combine egg, milk, melted butter and vanilla extract. Whisk together until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir just until blended.
- Fold in the blueberries until mostly well distributed.
- Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F for 5 minutes. While it is preheating, spray six silicone baking cups with cooking spray. Spoon batter evenly into silicone baking cups and sprinkle with Turbinado sugar.
- Place silicone baking cups into air fryer and cook at 380 degrees F for 18-20 minutes. Muffins are done when a toothpick inserted in to them comes out clean.
- Remove from air fryer and allow to cool. Enjoy!