Keto friendly and low carb, all the delicious flavors of an egg roll come together in this super easy one pan meal!
The thing with low carb recipes is that at first they seem like they should be boring and bland but there is actually a surprising number of really great low carb meals out there!
This Keto Eggroll Bowl is one of our family’s favorites. It’s simple but has a comfort food feel to it. It takes very little time to make and it’s a one pot meal so there’s not a sink full of dishes to wash. Best of all, it’s delicious!
How to Make Keto Eggroll Bowls
I have to admit that Keto recipes have become some of my family’s favorites over the years. Originally I found this recipe idea on Kasey Trenum’s site when I was looking for recipes that the whole family would enjoy that still fit within the parameters of the Keto diet. This is one they ask for often!
As it stands, it is a fantastic recipe but as usual, I have made a few tweaks that work with what I usually have in the pantry and what my family likes. We have made this so many times and there are never any leftovers! Seriously, simply delicious.
One of the biggest tweaks I have made to this recipe is to purchase a small (14 oz) bag classic coleslaw mix rather than buying, cleaning and shredding the cabbage myself. I’m lazy. I can own that!
There is a small amount of shredded carrot in the package but the fiber amount doesn’t substantially increase the net carb amount. We also really enjoy green onions (scallions) rather than regular onion.
Clean and slice the bunch of green onions. Set aside 2 tablespoons for garnish later on.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook ground beef, chopped green onions and sliced garlic, and cook until browned thoroughly. Drain any excess grease.
To the same skillet, add the coleslaw mix, sliced garlic cloves, beef broth, Coco Aminos, butter, rice wine vinegar, and ground ginger.
Stir until well combined.
Leave the heat at medium-high and bring to a boil.
Cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring the mixture often until cabbage is tender and the liquid has reduced. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Divide the mixture evenly between four bowls. Drizzle sesame oil on top (if desired) and sprinkle with reserved chopped green onions. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Other Keto Favorites You May Like
Keto Alfredo Spaghetti Squash Bake – baked with a creamy, garlicky Alfredo sauce and topped with gooey mozzarella, a new family favorite in our house!
Roasted Radishes – simple, flavorful and an absolutely delicious change of pace.
Pan Fried Brussels Sprouts with Bacon – a perfect side dish – bacon just makes it better!
Oven Roasted Cauliflower – High heat seals in the flavor in this oven roasted marinated cauliflower.
Keto Cheese Crisps – one of those recipes that you had no idea was this easy (or this affordable!)
Big Mac Salad Bowl (Keto) – all the deliciousness of a Big Mac in a Keto friendly dinner salad!
Get the Printable Recipe Here
Did you enjoy this Keto Eggroll Bowl? Be sure to leave a rating and comment below!
Keto Eggroll Bowl
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 bunch sliced green onions divided
- 1 (14 oz) bag classic coleslaw mix
- 3 garlic cloves sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup Coco Aminos
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Toasted Sesame Oil optional
- Set aside 2 tablespoons of chopped green onions.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook ground beef, chopped green onions and sliced garlic, and cook until browned thoroughly. Drain any excess grease.
- To the same skillet, add the coleslaw mix, sliced garlic cloves, beef broth, Coco Aminos, butter, rice wine vinegar, and ground ginger. Stir until well combined.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring often until cabbage is tender and the liquid has reduced.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide the mixture evenly between four bowls. Drizzle sesame oil on top (if desired) and sprinkle with reserved chopped green onions. Serve immediately. Enjoy!