- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 4 tsp minced garlic (4 cloves)
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Shrimp & Asparagus:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into bite sized pieces
- salt & pepper to taste
- Set the Instant Pot to the saute setting on high heat and warm 2 tablespoons of butter until melted.
- Add onion and cook 3-5 minutes, stirring often, and stir in garlic.
- Add uncooked Arborio rice and 1/2 cup wine. Stir to combine and continue cooking and stirring until wine has been absorbed by rice.
- Add remaining wine, chicken broth and cheese. Stir and then lock lid, making sure vent is closed.
- Select manual setting and adjust pressure to high. Set time for 8 minutes. When finished, quick release pressure according to manufacturer’s directions. Stir.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook one minute.
- Add shrimp. Cook and stir until shrimp begin to turn pink, about 5 minutes.
- Add butter and Italian salad dressing. Stir until butter is melted and then reduce heat to medium low and add asparagus pieces.
- Cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Serve shrimp and asparagus over risotto. Season with salt & pepper to taste. Enjoy!
Adapted from a recipe in Taste of Home magazine.